Jesus teaching in the Synagogue
- The primary purpose of Saint Thomas Old Catholic Theological Seminary School of Theology is to prepare students for Holy Orders within the apostolic tradition. This program of study will be of special help to students who are working independently or under direction of a Priest in the Independent Catholic Movement. We will wok closely with you, your Bishop and your Denomination to provide training for your calling to the Diaconate and/or Priesthood.
- When possible you will be assigned a Spiritual Advisor.
- Admission to the program will be upon recommendation of a Bishop or with special approval of the Seminary Faculty. There are no prerequisites other than a spiritual desire and a felt call to the Priesthood.
- This program of study will also be of use to one ordained who seeks a thorough study in the area of Catholic Theology.
- Preparation for the Priesthood
- NT601 Systematic Theology of the Charismatic Old Catholic Church
- OT600 - Directed Readings in The Old Testament of The Bible
- NT600 - Directed Readings in The New Testament of The Bible
- TH587 - Sacramental Theology
- PS505 - Readings in Counseling
- PS503 - Marriage Counseling
- TH502 - Readings in Theology
- SS410 - Personal Spiritual Growth
- TH596 - Sacramental Practicum (Your City)
- TH700 - Christian Apologetics
- TH501 - Charismatic Renewal
SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR ORDINATION PREPARATION
For students who have a background of extensive private study or experience may apply, with special faculty permission to take the following program...
+ Scholar of Theology (Th.S.) - Consists of 24 credit hours total. No previous work needed.
+ Bachelor of Theology (Th.B) - Consists of 120 credit hours. Transfer up to 90 credit hours; 30 credit hours required from St Thomas Seminary
+ Bachelor of Divinity (B.Div.) or Master of Divinity (M.Div.) No thesis. Completion of the 30 credit hours listed under - Preparation for the Priesthood.
Graduate Degree Programs
Admission to graduate degree work requires an undergraduate Bachelor Degree acceptable to the Seminary. Students who hold an academic degree with little or no theological education are encouraged to take the Preparation for the Priesthood, core program for ordination.
+ Master of Theology (Th.M.) - Consists of 30 credit hours of course work. No thesis.
+ Master of Pastoral Counseling (M.P.C.) - Consists of 30 credit hours. No thesis.
Students who hold an academic bachelor degree, acceptable to the seminary may register for the M.Div Degree program. This consists of the full core studies for ordination, several advanced elective courses, and a research project.
The pinnacle of educational study is the doctorate; it carries weight and dignity and enriches the life of the student. The general purpose o the doctorate is to develop the student's knowledge, theoretical clarity, and competence.
Admission as a candidate for a doctorate requires an acceptable Master's Degree in theology or ministry with some professional experience.
The attainment of the doctorate degree involves advancing the students knowledge of the foundation of and current developments in the field of ministry, religion and theology. The student deepens their understanding of their philosophy of religion, enhances their ability to use a range of skills, and develops an increase ability to think and act purposely and strengthen their spiritual and moral integrity.
+ Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) - Consists of 36 credit hours. No thesis.
+ Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Classics (D.Min.) - Consists of 36 credit hours. No thesis.
+ Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling - Consists of 36 credit hours - No thesis.
+ Doctor of Theology (Th.D.) - 60 credit hours - Thesis (50 to 100 pages)
Doctor of Divinity (D.D.)
St. Thomas Seminary has developed a special degree program for those who have been elevated to the Episcopate which consists of special courses and readings. Admission is with permission of faculty.
Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling - 36 Hours
CONTACT PERSON: Dr. Maurice McCormick, Ed., D., LPCC-KY, LMHC-IN, Chair-Pastoral Counseling
Mailing Address: 8701 Brittany Drive, Louisville, Kentucky 40220-5411 EMAIL: MauriceJoAnn@att.net PHONE: 502-419-5605
Office Hours: Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Fees: $30 per credit hour Total cost of D. Min. Degree is $1,080.00
Independent Study - External Degree - Distant Education - Correspondence, Some face-to-face
Louisville extension of the Florida-based Seminary is located at: 10609 Watterson Trail, Jeffersontown, Kentucky 40299
PS 762 - Psychoanalytic Therapy
PS 763 - Adlerian Therapy
PS 764 - Person-Centered Therapy
PS 765 - Gestalt Therapy
PS 768 - Solution Focused Brief Therapy
PS 767 - Reality Therapy
PS 766 - Rational Emotive Therapy
PS 600 - Living Love Therapy
PS 693 - Marriage Counseling
NT 505 - The Gospel of John
NT 503 - Romans
TH 703 - Readings in Theology
Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Classics - 36 Hours
Doctor of Theology - 60 Hours
(Doctor of Theology contains the same courses and books as Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Classics, plus 24 added hours dedicated to a thesis of your choice.
CONTACT PERSON: Dr. John Geinzer, MAEd., MDiv, DMin
Monday-Wednesday-Thursday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Florida-based Seminary is located at: 4747 South Washington Ave, Titusville, Florida 32780
TH 610 - City of God by Augustine
TH 615 - The Interior Castle by Teresa of Avila
TH 620 - The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
TH 630 - The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
TH 640 - The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
TH 650 - The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
TH 660 - The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
TH 670 - The Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton
TH 625 - Dark Night of The Soul by St. John of The Cross
TH 680 - Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterson
TH 690 - The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
CH 601 - The Ten Most Influential Christians Since the Apostles by Ken Lambert
(NOTE: The above books are subject to change)
Certificate in Church History
CH 601 - Readings in Church History - 3 Credit Hours
CONTACT: Dr. John Geinzer (See information above)
INSTRUCTOR: Ken Lambert, D. Min. (EMAIL: Kql314@yahoo.com); Co-Author: "Top Ten Most Influential Christians Since the Apostles" by Tate Publishing http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/Book.plp?w=9781625633255 Columnist - "Taper's Truths"
Fees: $30.00 Per Credit Hour $90.00 Total for this course.
Athanasius of Alexandria
Augustine of Hippo
Pope John Paul VI
Other Influential Christian Figures